28 November 2007

Pointless Library Rant....

Ok, remember how last time I went on about if nothing happened to me in a week I'd be one hell of a bore? Well, that stage is passed...I'm a bore. I've been stuck inside my house, writing my essays (Thankfully 2 of them are now done, I am pretty chuffed 'bout that) for two weeks now. I mean, I have been going to Drama Workshop of course, where they told me they wanted me in the Showcase at the end of term. You'll never guess in what...An Improv show a la 'De Lama's' or 'Whose line is it anyway'. People actually thought I was funny. (So There! I'm no longer the only one who thinks that) And I have been to see a cool play at LIPA (Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts) where my flatties go to school, and also the Midsummer night's dream Drama soc production which was hilarious. However, no cool pictures, anecdotes or insights on this side of the Channel. Only the answer to my 3 hypotheses (plurality has never been my strong point, but I think that's spelled right) 1) The Irish natives, during the 16th and 17th Century, were seen by the English Colonisers as stereotypical savage Barbarians and their women were seen as loose and having a strange sexuality 2) The Viking invaders of Ireland between 795 and 900 were not as vicious and destructive as popular belief would suggest; they actually enhanced almost every aspect of Medieval Irish society 3) James Joyce isn't an Irish Revivalist at all, and his Portrait of an Artist, demonstrates an aversion, if not an escape from 19th Century Nationalism.

See...that's how boring my life is right now.

Oh, and all essays have to be printed out on paper (what age do we live in, that of the typewriter?) twofold, and handed in at the Irish office pigeon hole where we have to sign our name to make sure that we actually handed it in at that precise moment in time. This little adventure has already set me back £1.50, and will do so at least twice more because, as you might have guessed, even the printouts are much more expensive than in The Netherlands.

To top it all off, I wanted to buy a muffin in the Lib cafe. They were 1.50. Guess what I just spent that on...... So I was a few p. short. Now I think I should've been given it for free because I'm one of the library's biggest contributors, money wise and taking-out-books-that-haven't-felt-a-human-hand-for-23-years-because-nobody-wants-to-read-them-but-me-because-they're-old-but-I-like-old-books wise.

And it's raining.....

And it gets dark at 3.45

And it never really gets light because the clouds are obscuring the earth from the sun

And it never gets reeeealy cold, so you're either to warmly dressed so you sweat, or dressed way to cold so you freeze.

But I'm having fun! yes I am...*shifty eyes*

PS: cool new feature, click the post title and you'll be transported through cyberspace to a land of yummy goodness.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha Myrthe I love the link!!! Mmm banana toffee...
And I feel your pain, one essay sort-of-down and two to go, and somehow I've managed to catch a cold eventough I haven't actually left my house in 2 days...ah yes, living it up in London town!
So when do I finally get to see you? Holland over Christmas??

Mixy said...

Ah! Good luck with your cold, it's always runny nose week in the Uk innit...

Christmas...I'm only home for a short while!! I'll be back in Liverpool the 22nd...when are you going back home?

SuzyQ said...

Hey hey,

*feeling your pain as well* Am currently submerged in the wunderfel werld of final defoicingk (spelling errors intended; faulty german accent) in Dutch...Talk.About.Boring. Oh, and like I said in my comment on your first I-am-bored post way back when: you are, nor ever will be, NOT funny. (Okay, that's not what I said wbw, but the gist's the same ;D)

Just to give you a little "head's-up": things are just as dreary on this side of the Channel...was talking to Bart about this factoid only yesterday...hence my msn-name-thing "So much to do, sooooooo little time"...

Btw, thanks for the head's up on the new feature! Will try it out soon too (Yum! Muffies!).

Luv ya, xxx
Sue

Mixy said...

Yeah...now I'm hungry again...

Anyway, good luck on defoicingk, I have some German friends who like that feature too haha. (not to forget, my dutch ex-friend who's got that horrible accent u know what I mean dunglish thingy)

oh, en ik wil pepernoten :S

Anonymous said...

en speculaas!

This is the end of the page. Luckily, there are more pages!

Joy