02 November 2007

Drama Soc Halloween Ghost Tour

It's been a while, but I've come bearing gifts (or at least, scary photos!)


So, the 31st of October, a big deal in the UK, it's Halloween night and get ready to dress up as your favourite comicbook character, a scary ghost or walking cucumber sandwich. I myself only underwent this ritual for the first time last year when the International Student Network organised an All Hallow's Eve for the forries in Leiden, but this time I'm being plunged in at the deep end with organising a proper Shiverpool tour through the Student Guild here in Liverpool. A 7 day rehearsal period where we set out a route through the Guild building, which is pretty big, covering the icky film cellar, deserted corridor, old library and the ancient staircase that circles all the way up into the loft. The Writing class I've been doing with the Dramas, and a very disorganises writing session left us with 7 deadly scary stories to tell during the tour. 15 of us then, on the day of truth, without any dress rehearsal, got into our last minute bought costumes, painted our faces frightningly white and bloodied up to preform, what I have to say is, one of the best pieces of scaring that went on that night. 4 tours on the hour with stories about ghosts, blood, gore and a lot of laughs in between. I myself played a corpse in the lift and the part of Snow white who suffocated in her corset on stage. I did a very convincing job dying in front of 20 tourpersons many of whom I knew personally.



It was a great success, nothing but enthusiastic responses to what we pulled off and many many people were really properly scared by what we told them. And they got a free drink at the end...what more does a student want?






Here some pictures of the night:



8 comments:

SuzyQ said...

Hey hey

Said I would post, so I am. :D Hows life today? Heb naar tickets gekeken, dus over +/- twee weken vaste datums afspreken? ;) Leuk leuk!!

Great pictures, btw! Hahahaha, freaky, but great! What's the blood made of? (I know that's a weird question, but I've been wondering since yesterday, so...).

Gotta go...Spanish to learn, breakfast to eat, hologram exercises to do (only available in Lipsius 126, hmph)...

Love you, miss you! xxx
Sue

SuzyQ said...

PS: just realise that the first sentence should have "here" in it...

SuzyQ said...

PPS: and that should be "realised"...not my day, I guess ;)

Mixy said...

speling iz hart!

SuzyQ said...

Ai kneuj, rait! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrt or should I say TACW!

Well it looks like you are one busy girlie...but it also looks like you are having great fun!! :>) Miss talking to you, it's been so long! Htstyvvs!!

Take care of you! xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Meert!

I'm so sorry I haven't posted or emailed in a while! It has been busy these last few weeks, first exams then things to hand in, aaaaaaaaaa! But now I'm done, just handed in my last assignment that was due, so now I have some free time to blabber to you :)
Wauw, those pictures look really cool! Looks like you had a lot of fun, you go girl :)
Do you already have plans for christmas, btw? Is there a change we will be seeing you, or are you going to France with your mum? I hope I get to see you (of course!), but France is very nice as well!

Miss you!
Love, Syl

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

This is the end of the page. Luckily, there are more pages!

Joy